ENEMIES OF THE STATE is a monthly book club podcast featuring a rotating cast of comics critics. This month we’re talking about Alienation by Inés Estrada, published in 2019 by Fantagraphics. In Alienation, Estrada extrapolates the colonialist, exploitative capitalism of modern society to a world 30 years from now, in a work full of biting satire and humor
The cast for this episode includes the following critics:
- Alex Hoffman, Publisher of SOLRAD
- Daniel Elkin, Editor in Chief of SOLRAD
- Sara L. Jewell, freelance critic
- Jules Bakes, freelance critic
- Philippe Leblanc, Critic at The Comics Beat
- Sarah Miller, Critic at The Sequentialist
- and Rob Clough, Contributing Editor of SOLRAD
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Podcasts, and other podcast apps or listen here and at Sound Cloud. If you are a comics critic and are interested in joining in on the show, please contact us using the contact form or at email@example.com. And of course, if you have any feedback, contact us!
For Episode #10 of ENEMIES OF THE STATE, we’ll be reviewing Dancing After Ten by Vivian Chong and Georgia Webber.
We hope you enjoy the podcast!